Wednesday 6 December 2006

John Carpenter overview...


Hello I am Benjamin Perry of CONTORT YOURSELF,a monthly night at the roadhouse in Manchster. I have been kindly allowed to join will from Tramp on this blog to give you dollops of what I love too.

I’ll start with this:

John Carpenter is one of those rare directors that scores his own movies and saying that he does a good job is an understatement. The score for “Assault on Precinct 13” is one of the most epic and harrowing I have ever heard and his work has been a massive influence on many techno, electro, itailo producers since. The End (disco version) was released in 1983 the on German Italio disco label ZYX and produced by Ralf Hennings as a delicately plumped up version for disco dance floors. Its menacingly minimal synths and slow driving beat makes it an absolute monster that sends shivers down your spine, you may have heard it on the 'kill the DJ mix by our good friends Optimo(mad love to Keith and Jonny).

The reason I have chosen this tune and it holds such a dear place in my heart is for the winter of 89’ that I spent glued to my AMIGA shooting the crap out of Xenites in order to rescue Captain Xod on XENON 2 – Megablast! To which Bomb The Bass supplied the soundtrack sampling john carpenter on the feature track of the game: Megablast. I was the tender and impressionable age of 9 and this was my first taste of “dance” music and that sinister synth has been ingrained in my soul forever.


John Carpenter-Assault on precinct 13 (disco mix)
http://www.yousendit.com/download/zSJYeugjBId5TA%3D%3D


**P.S. I thought I would add to this post with two different interpretations
of the same song.** Will xx

The Anderson Alamo-Le Syndicat Electronique
http://download.yousendit.com/2C21EF843C4C1C80


John Carpenter-Assault on Precinct 13 (Theme)
http://download.yousendit.com/8FC810FF5002A89C







2 comments:

Unknown said...

would love to get that disco theme!!! been trying to track it down with no luck.

thanks!
sean at izabelle dot net

dalston shopper said...

herr doctor goosebeat. Any chance of somehow getting that Assault on Precinct 13 disco mix? You can send it to me (spamorder@postinbox.com) or post again?